- Are you comfortable working with others?
- Are you adept at working on tight deadlines as well as iterating ideas over time to achieve excellence?
- Are you big on nudging colleagues, asking questions, and finding answers?
The WorkFor the duration of your internship, which will last anywhere from one to six months, you will work with researchers and designers on research or advisory projects.
RenumerationA monthly stipend of AED3,000.
To ApplySubmit your CV and work samples; we accept applications on a rolling basis. But first, here are some questions to get you started.
Social Media and Multimedia Intern
Do you have a keen eye for storytelling, design, and social media? If yes, this internship is for you.
At The Delma Institute, we seek to adapt to the ever-changing media habits of our audiences by taking a digital-first approach to research, production, and storytelling.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will:
- Help produce high-quality visuals and videos: Work with the research, design, and editorial teams to produce visual and video content to be shared on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter using a variety of tools, including short videos, GIFs, infographics, etc.
- Contribute to collecting data and analytics on Delma’s social media traction and website traffic.
- Identify and offer recommendations for the latest trends in the digital media landscape.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Delma events, both onsite and online (through Facebook Live, Google Hangouts, etc.).
What you offer
- Qualifications: You hold a degree (or are currently completing one) in communications, marketing, journalism, design, or a related field.
- Experience: You have experience using various social media platforms, are familiar with how those platforms interact, and know how to target a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge: You have a solid understanding of publishing on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and have dabbled in social media and website analytics.
- Expertise: You have a keen eye for storytelling and are a detail-oriented perfectionist.
- Communicator: You have strong communication skills.
- Tech savvy: You are proficient in MS Office and Google Docs and can adapt quickly to other software, including Keynote and Hootsuite.
- Language: You are fluent in written and spoken English.
We come from all over the world, and look forward to welcoming a communications intern to our Abu Dhabi office.
- openerDesign Intern (Sep-Dec)
You are passionate about all things visual when it comes to branding, identity, and printed communications.
You have a genuine desire to do brilliant work, push creative boundaries across platforms, and ensure creative briefs are fully explored and delivered with attention to detail. You should be an inspired thinker with a keen awareness of the world and a great eye for design.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Managing Designer, you will:
- Follow templates for quick turnaround projects
- Lead micro projects
- Produce leaflets, brochures, stationery, and newsletters
- Support the research team in brainstorming ideas for presentations and reports
- Review designs for errors prior to printing or publishing
- Show initiative and innovation
What you offer
- Qualifications: You hold a degree in art/media/design/multimedia/visual communications
- Experience with:
- Clean, minimal, and functional design
- Presentation of information in an efficient and effective manner
- Prior branding experience
- The grid system
- Alignment and consistency
- Kerning and tracking
- Sketching designs and concepts
- Design artwork and production
- Experience with motion graphics is a plus
- Sound knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Expertise: You are passionate about data and information architecture
- Character strengths:
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and a team player
- You have bold ideas with a portfolio to match
- You have strong judgment and analytical problem-solving skills
- Language: English-language fluency